Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hayth's Hotel Ledger

One of the ledgers from Hayth's Hotel in Fincastle is on display at the Botetourt History Museum in Fincastle.

Hayth's Hotel on Roanoke Street was saved from destruction by Historic Fincastle, Inc. The hotel first opened in 1875 as the town rebuilt from a devastating fire in 1870; by the turn of the century the hotel had become famous for its fine cuisine and sparkling entertainment. It was purchased from the county in 1981 and sold by HFI later that year with protective covenants in the deed.

No comments: